Thank you for your interest in placing your book at The Elliott Bay Book Company. If your book has been published by an established publisher, and we decide to carry it, we will purchase it directly from that publisher. If that is the case, you are welcome to send us notification of your book's publication to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in us carrying your zines, please email email@example.com or drop off a sample copy for consideration at our front desk.
If your book is self-published or not readily available through our normal wholesalers (i.e., Baker & Taylor or Ingram), we offer you the opportunity for us to sell it on a consignment basis. On consignment, the book remains the property of the consignor until sold, The Elliott Bay Book Company is not responsible for lost or stolen merchandise. If you would like your book considered for stock, please follow our consignment guidelines:
• All consignment requests must be made in writing. We regret that we are unable to accommodate walk-in visits or telephone inquiries prior to acceptance due to the high level of inquiries that we receive. We will not accept unsolicited review copies.
• In keeping with our general inventory, only books published with a printed and bound spine and displaying an International Standard Book Number (ISBN) will be considered. For consignors able to meet these conditions, our normal terms are 60/40, i.e., we take a 40% discount.
• A $25 one-time service fee is required for each account. This fee helps pay for the extra labor involved in tracking inventory and payments for each title.
• To submit a book for consideration, please email a one-paragraph letter including your contact information, ISBN and price information, any promotional materials and publicity plans. These materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we feel your book may have a market with our customers, we may request a review copy, which should be sent to the store along with a self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage to cover the cost of returning the book.
• Due to the heavy volume of submissions, this review process can take several weeks. We will notify you by email of our decision. If you have submitted a review copy of your book, it will be returned to you in the self-addressed envelope, along with a letter notifying you of our decision. Books submitted without a return SASE will be held at our information desk for pick-up for 90 days, after which it will be donated to the town library.
• The decision made by our buyers is final.
We are proud to support local authors through our consignment program. We do our best to provide shelf space for consignment books, while still keeping in mind our inventory needs and the interests of our customers. We look forward to reviewing your work and thank you for your interest in The Elliott Bay Book Company.