Prayers for Rain (Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro Series #5) (Mass Market)
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro Series series.
- #1: A Drink Before the War: A Novel (Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro Series #1) (Paperback): $16.99
- #2: Darkness, Take My Hand: A Kenzie and Gennaro Novel (Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro Series #2) (Paperback): $16.99
- #3: Sacred: A Kenzie and Gennaro Novel (Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro Series #3) (Paperback): $16.99
- #4: Gone, Baby, Gone: A Novel (Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro Series #4) (Paperback): $14.99
- #6: Moonlight Mile: A Kenzie and Gennaro Novel (Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro Series #6) (Paperback): $16.99
When a former client jumps naked from a Boston landmark, Private Investigator Patrick Kenzie wants to know why. Once a perky young woman in love with life, her suicide is the final fall in a spiral of self-destruction.
What Kenzie discovers is a sadistic stalker who targeted the woman and methodically drove her to her death – a monster that the law can’t touch. But Kenzie can. He and his former partner, Angela Gennaro, will fight a mind-twisting battle against the psychopath, even as he turns tricks on them…
Prayers for Rain is another superior thriller from Dennis Lehane, the bestselling and acclaimed author of Mystic River, Shutter Island, and Gone, Baby, Gone.
About the Author
Dennis Lehane is the author of thirteen novels—including the New York Times bestsellers Live by Night; Moonlight Mile; Gone, Baby, Gone; Mystic River; Shutter Island; and The Given Day—as well as Coronado, a collection of short stories and a play. He grew up in Boston, MA and now lives in California with his family.
“The well-oiled plot mechanics, edge-of-the-knife dialogue and explosive bursts of violence are polished and primed in this hard-boiled shocker.” — New York Times Book Review
“In the miserably hot summer of 1999...the superb detective novels of Dennis Lehane—became a kind of lifeline for me.” — Stephen King, New York Times Book Review
“With sharp dialogue, inventively gruesome violence and the darkest of dark humor, Lehane’s fifth novel proves again that he’s the hippest heir of Hammett and Chandler.” — Publishers Weekly
“As in all the best hard-boiled series, each entry reveals more about the principal characters and their relationships in a violent, uncaring world where the only verities are the ones you establish for yourself and defend vigorously. Lehane has worked his way into the top echelon of crime writers.” — Booklist
“[Lehane]...writes like an angel on crystal meth.” — Kirkus Reviews