Understanding Your Food Allergies and Intolerances: A Guide to Management and Treatment (Mass Market Paperbound)
Email or call for price.
A guide to understanding and handling food allergies and sensitivities
A comprehensive overview of food sensitivities, including food allergies and food intolerances. The authors clear up much of the confusion consumers have about food sensitivities as they help food-sensitive individuals understand their symptoms, manage their condition and learn to enjoy eating again.
- Listing of most common food allergies
- Examination of the differences between allergies and intolerances
- Discussion of where to look for hidden food allergens
- Case studies of various allergic reactions
- Questions to ask your doctor Guide to traveling with food allergies
- Quiz for when to get tested A look at new and future treatments for food sensitivity.
About the Author
DR. WAYNE SHREFFLER M.D., PH.D., is a pediatrician at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. He's done research in the field of allergic diseases at both NIH and American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. DR. QIAN YUAN M.D., PH.D., originally from Bejing China, is Pediatrician, specializing in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. He also received his PhD at the Auckland Medical Research Foundation. KAREN ASP is a freelance writer and contributing editor for Women's Day magazine. She is also a health, fitness and other topics for "Better Homes and Gardens, Glamour, Good Housekeeping, "MSNBC.com, "Martha Stewart Living, Men's Fitness, O Magazine, Prevention, Real Simple, Runner's World, Self, Shape, Women's Health "and other publications.