The First-Year Teacher's Survival Guide: Ready-To-Use Strategies, Tools & Activities for Meeting the Challenges of Each School Day (Paperback)
The Updated Fourth Edition of the Award-Winning Book that Offers Beginning Educators Everything They Need in Order to Survive and Thrive
Designed for new educators, this award-winning book covers the basic strategies, activities, and tools teachers need to know in order to succeed in the classroom. Now it its fourth edition, The First-Year Teacher's Survival Guide contains new and updated material on essential topics including: classroom management (how to prevent or minimize disruptions), sustaining professional growth, differentiated instruction, nurturing a growth mindset, and much more.
The fourth edition also offers downloadable forms and worksheets, and video instruction on key topics. In addition, this must-have guide:
- Offers ideas for dealing with homework and instructional concerns from parents and guardians
- Includes suggestions for helping new professionals maintain a successful work-life balance
- Contains guidelines to classroom technology and ideas for using digital tools to create engaging lessons
- Proposes proven strategies for forging positive, supportive relationships with students
- Presents recommendations for successfully managing the most common discipline problems
This must-have guide is filled with the information and tips new teachers need in order to face classroom situations with confidence.
About the Author
Julia G. Thompson served as a classroom teacher for forty years; she currently works as a consultant and teacher trainer. Through her blog (juliagthompson.blogspot.com) and Twitter handle (@TeacherAdvice) she offers tips for teachers on a wide variety of topics. She can also be reached through her website (www.juliagthompson.com).