The Tales of Beedle the Bard: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
- #1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter, Book 1): The Illustrated Edition (Hardcover): $39.99
- #2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter, Book 2) (Hardcover): $39.99
- #3: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter, Book 3) (Hardcover): $39.99
- #4: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter, Book 4) (Hardcover): $47.99
- #5: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Hardcover): $29.99
- #6: Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince (Hardcover): $29.99
- #7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Hardcover): $34.99
The magical world of Harry Potter grows richer and more complete in this new illustrated edition of The Tales of Beedle the Bard. It contains five stories often told to young witches and wizards, paired with beautifully understated illustrations and followed by notes from Albus Dumbledore himself. My favorite story is "The Tale of Three Brothers," which readers may recall from the original Harry Potter series.This book begs to be read aloud! It makes a beautiful gift for children of all ages, especially fans of the Brothers Grimm. -Liz
This lush new illustrated edition has been translated from the ancient runes by Hermione Granger and is presented here with extensive commentary by Albus Dumbledore. And now Hans Christian Andersen Medalist Lisbeth Zwerger interprets these classic tales with beauty and tenderness (and wit), illuminating them for modern readers. With an introduction and notes by J.K. Rowling, this collection will thrill and delight Muggles and wizards alike.
For every sale of this book, Scholastic will donate 15% of the suggested retail price to Lumos, an international nonprofit organization founded by J.K. Rowling that works globally to end the institutionalization of children. wearelumos.org
About the Author
Lisbeth Zwerger is the recipient of the Hans Christian Andersen Medal for her contributions to children's literature, among many other awards, and her work has been included in the New York Times Best Illustrated Books list. She has illustrated editions of many classic tales, including Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz, The Little Mermaid, A Christmas Carol, and several tales by the Brothers Grimm. She lives and works in Vienna, Austria.