The Conscious Parent's Guide to Coparenting: A Mindful Approach to Creating a Collaborative, Positive Parenting Plan (The Conscious Parent's Guides) (Paperback)
Ships in 2-10 Days
A positive, mindful plan for children and parents in transition!
If you're facing the challenge of raising children in two homes, you may be feeling overwhelmed and unsure of how to build a healthy coparenting relationship. With The Conscious Parent's Guide to Coparenting, you'll learn how to take a relationship-centered approach to parenting, foster forgiveness, and find constructive ways to move on when relationships change. Coparenting means putting your child's needs first. And conscious parenting acknowledges a child's thoughts, feelings, and needs, as well as a parent's responsibility to them.
This easy-to-use handbook helps you to:
- Build a coparenting relationship based on mutual respect
- Lower stress levels for the entire family
- Communicate openly with children about divorce
- Discuss and reach parenting decisions together
- Protect children, meet their needs, and help them build resilience
- Educate your family and friends about coparenting
About the Author
Jenna Flowers, PsyD, LMFT is a licensed marriage and family therapist. She is the codeveloper of Conscious Mothering, a class that teaches parents how to be more self-reflective and understand their children on deeper levels. In her practice, Dr. Flowers frequently gives talks on parenting, marriage, and anxiety. She lives in Newport Beach, CA.