You Are New: (New Baby Books for Kids, Expectant Mother Book, Baby Story Book) (Hardcover)
Is it just me or are a lot of people you know expecting? A tiny, newborn creature is always something to celebrate, and after a long, dark year like 2020, the birth of a new family member or friend feels especially hopeful. But how do you warmly welcome a baby into the world when you may not be able to cuddle them with abandon? As a bookseller I’m admittedly biased, but I think books are the second best way to impart love and comfort when many of us are socially distanced. You Are New—with its bright illustrations, sweet rhymes, and cheeky humor—provides a wonderful welcome to any human learning what it’s like to be new. -Emma— From 2020 Holiday Recommendations
Book celebrates the joys of having — and being! — a baby: A world of being new is waiting for little ones and the grown-ups who love them in this warm and funny book. From napping to crying to cuddling to playing, this book introduces the world to newborns (and new parents) with humor, honesty, and unmitigated sweetness. You are New is a timeless celebration of new beginnings and the transformative power of love.
• With rhyming text and sweet, inclusive illustrations
• Perfect for baby showers, to read to a new baby, and to prepare a sibling for a new arrival
• Lucy Knisley is a critically acclaimed and award-winning comic creator. She is the New York Times bestselling author of the graphic novels Relish, French Milk, An Age of License, Displacement, and Something New
Fans of Busy Babies and Read to Your Baby Every Day will love You Are New, a sweet story all about being new to the world.
A rhyming book that celebrates the joys of having – and being! – a baby
• Makes a great gift for expectant parents
• A perfect bedtime book that is soothing, simple, and humorous
About the Author
"A bookish, warm welcome to a new baby, and more." -—Kirkus Reviews
"A perfect lapsit read-aloud." - School Library Journal