Jacaranda: A Novella of the Clockwork Century (MP3 CD)
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Clockwork Century series.
- #1: Boneshaker: A Novel of the Clockwork Century (Paperback): $18.99
- #2: Dreadnought: A Novel of the Clockwork Century (Paperback): $27.99
- #3: Ganymede: A Novel of the Clockwork Century (Paperback): $25.99
- #4: The Inexplicables: A Novel of the Clockwork Century (Paperback): $21.99
- #5: Fiddlehead: A Novel of the Clockwork Century (Paperback): $25.99
On the island of Galveston, off the coast of Southeast Texas, lies a hotel called the Jacaranda. In its single year of operation, two dozen people have died there. The locals say it's cursed. The Rangers say that's nonsense, but they know a man who might be willing to investigate. Horatio Korman crosses the water from the mainland and hopes for the best.
But the bodies pile up, and a hurricane is brewing up fast. One of the Jacaranda's guests sees time running out, so she seeks an authority of a different sort: a priest from El Huizache who is good at solving problems and keeping secrets. Eileen Callahan has a problem to solve and a secret to keep. She crosses her fingers and sends a message that could save them all.
Juan Miguel Quintero Rios broke a promise to the Virgin, and so he was punished...but his intentions were pure, so he was also blessed. Now he walks the Southwest with second sight and a tattoo across his back: "Deo, non fortuna" - by God, not chance. The former gunslinger crosses himself and makes for the Jacaranda Hotel.