Frommer's Iceland (Complete Guides) (Paperback)
Comprehensive and completely up-to-date, Frommer's Iceland takes you from world-famous waterfalls to hopping nightclubs and everywhere in between. Frommer's expert Nicholas Gill, an Iceland specialist, knows every inch of the country and is not afraid to tell the truth. With his reliable, straight-shooting advice, you'll be hiking across lava fields, catching the Northern Lights from a hot tub, spotting one of the 20 species of whales that swim in Icelandic waters, experiencing Iceland's rich cultural traditions and innovative regional cuisine, and more.
Frommer's Iceland contains:
- Helpful maps throughout the book, including a handy pullout map
- Detailed itineraries for planning a trip to suit your interests and make the most of your time
- Authentic experiences honoring Iceland's diverse topography, cultural traditions, food, and customs
- Outdoor adventures for travelers of all ages and skill levels
- Opinionated reviews of the best restaurants, tours, shops, attractions and hotels--and the ones to avoid
- Accurate, up-to-date info on transportation, useful websites, telephone numbers, and other resources you'll need
- Money-saving tips and exact pricing for travelers on any budget--from backpacker to luxury
About Frommer's: There's a reason that Frommer's has been the most trusted name in travel for more than sixty years. Arthur Frommer created the best-selling guide series in 1957 to help American servicemen fulfill their dreams of travel in Europe, and since then, we have published thousands of titles became a household name helping millions upon millions of people realize their own dreams of seeing our planet. Travel is easy with Frommer's.
About the Author
Writer and photographer Nicholas Gill is based in Lima, Peru and Brooklyn, New York. He is the co-founder of the website New Worlder and his work appears in publications such as the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Saveur, New York Magazine, and Roads & Kingdoms.