Moon Florida (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
From Pensacola and the Panhandle, to Miami beaches and mingling with Mickey, Moon Florida reveals the best of the Sunshine State. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible, strategic itineraries, from the two-week best of Florida to a quick Gulf Coast getaway, designed for history buffs, outdoor adventurers, beach bums, and more
- Highlights and unique experiences: Relax on miles of white-sand beaches and watch the sunrise over the sparkling Atlantic, or indulge in hours of roller-coaster fun at Orlando's famous theme parks. Make your way through "Alligator Alley," or go canoeing through the lush Everglades. Snorkel in freshwater springs or take a surfing lesson from a pro wave-catcher. Live it up in Miami's stylish South Beach, wander the free-wheeling and colorful Key West, or go dancing in Little Havana
- Local insight from born-and-raised Floridian Jason Ferguson on when to go, where to stay, and how to get around
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Focused coverage of Miami, South Florida, the Florida Keys, the South Gulf Coast, the Tampa Bay Area, Disney World and Orlando, Central Florida, the North Atlantic Coast, and Northern Florida and the Panhandle
- Practical information including background on Florida's landscape, climate, wildlife, and culture
Exploring more of the South? Check out Moon Georgia, Moon Coastal Carolinas, or Moon Tennessee.
About the Author
Florida native Jason Ferguson has yet to find a corner of his home state that doesn't hold some sort of surprise. With a background in alternative journalism and arts and culture reporting, Jason enjoys finding surprises and unusual sights in some of Florida's most well-traveled destinations. As a father, he certainly enjoys the pleasures of the beaches and outdoor opportunities, but also likes to dig deep into the nightlife, arts, and cultural scenes.
Jason has written for publications ranging from Time Out, Travel + Leisure, and Caribbean Travel & Life to Florida newspapers such as the Orlando Weekly and Miami New Times. He enjoys sniffing out the beauty of Florida's natural history as well as the oddness of its quirky present. He, his wife, and their kids utilize their home in Central Florida as a launching pad for weekend adventures that take them to points of interest throughout the state. Although their favorite spots change from week to week, there's a general consensus that the white-sand beaches of southwest Florida aren't just the best in the state, but are possibly some of the best in the world.