Moon French Riviera: Nice, Cannes, Saint-Tropez, and the Hidden Towns in Between (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
Artists' enclaves, vast pine forests, and architectural gems: discover the Côte d'Azur you don't know with Moon French Riviera. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries including 1-2 days in Nice, 2 days in Monaco, and 2 days in Cannes
- Strategic advice for art lovers, outdoor enthusiasts, film fans, sports car aficionados, and more
- The top activities and unique experiences: Gallery hop along the Promenade des Anglais in Nice and catch a live jazz performance. Relax on the golden sand in Juan-les-Pins and sip rosé at a beachside bar in Saint-Tropez. Try your luck at the Place du Casino in Monaco, spot celebrities in Cannes, or attend the locally-loved lemon festival in Menton. Bike along the Corniches between Nice and Monaco and into the Arrière-Pays, or test perfumes in Grasse and shop for local honey and lavender soaps from nearby Provence
- Expert insight: Journalist and longtime Nice local Jon Bryant shares his favorite spots
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Focused coverage of Nice and Les Corniches, Monaco and Menton, Antibes, Juan-les-Pins, Cannes, Saint-Tropez, and more
- Thorough background information on the landscape, wildlife, history, government, and culture
- Handy tools including a French phrasebook, customs and conduct, and information for LGBTQ, female, and senior travelers, as well as families and travelers with disabilities
Exploring Southern Europe? Check out Moon Barcelona & Beyond or Moon Rome, Florence & Venice.
About the Author
Writer and journalist Jon Bryant lives in the south of France with his wife, the writer Ruby Soames, and their two children. Jon has traveled and written about Burma, Egypt, Sri Lanka, China, Australia, Germany, Portugal and Norway but he specializes in France, Spain, and the Mediterranean, where he has been based since 2003.
Passionate about writing, antiquing, art, cycling, and of course the French Riviera, Jon likes to nurture his curiosity by exploring hidden villages and pathways on his travels. He has written for the Daily Telegraph, The Observer, The Times, and The Independent, mainly about arts, culture, curious places and travel around the Mediterranean. He also covers the south of France for The Guardian and has written for numerous French magazines.