Moon Ohio: Getaway Ideas, Outdoor Adventure & Family Fun, Creative Cuisine & Culture (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
From cities with old-world charm to endless family adventures in the great outdoors, experience the best of the Buckeye State with Moon Ohio. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic, flexible itineraries for thrill-seekers, outdoor adventurers, families, and more
- Unique experiences and fun highlights: Wander Columbus’s trendy neighborhoods on foot or escape to quiet Amish Country. Feel a rush of adrenaline at the famous Cedar Point amusement park, hit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, or spend a day at the zoo with the whole family. Kick back at a brewery (or stay at the world’s first craft beer hotel!) and chow down on authentic German food
- The best outdoor adventures: Hike to stunning waterfalls in Cuyahoga Valley National Park, explore hidden caves, or head to the Lake Erie Islands for a quintessential summer camping trip
- Expert advice from Columbus local Matthew Caracciolo on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay
- Helpful resources on Covid and traveling to Ohio
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough information on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and history
Exploring more of the Midwest? Try Moon Michigan or Moon Wisconsin.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
About the Author
Matthew Caracciolo is the author of The Waygook Book: A Foreigner’s Guide to South Korea. His work has appeared on Amateurtraveler.com, in the Daegu Compass, Columbus Navigator, and Columbus: A Book Project. A freelance writer, Matthew has written about a wide variety of topics including engineering, medical tourism, travel, local interest, and the startup community. When he’s not writing freelance, Matthew likes to write short stories and for his blog, Travel is Fatal.
Matthew has a B.A. in English from The Ohio State University and a M.A. in Writing and Publishing from DePaul University, where he graduated with distinction.
Together with his wife, Matthew has traveled to 14 countries on four continents. He currently lives in Columbus, OH, his hometown.