Moon Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard & Nantucket (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
From fine-art galleries and fried clams to breathtaking beachside hikes, escape to the Cape with Moon Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard & Nantucket. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic itineraries, including weekend getaways to Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, or Nantucket, and the 12-day best of all three, designed for outdoor adventurers, beach bums, foodies, families, winter visitors, and more
- Fun highlights and unique experiences: Admire 19th century lighthouses and take in some local lore at the Whaling Museum. Feast on raw oysters, fried clams, and fresh fish. Kick back at an old-school drive-in theater or have a lively night at a popular drag show in Provincetown. Stroll the cobblestone streets of Nantucket or pop into the galleries and artisan studios on the Cape
- The top outdoor adventures: Kayak through misty marshes, spot dolphins from a sailboat, hike to cliffside bluffs, or bike the serene beach paths of Martha's Vineyard
- Honest advice from Cape Cod local Ray Bartlett on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay, from quiet seaside cottages to historic guest houses and posh resorts
- Helpful resources on Covid-19 and traveling to Cape Cod
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough background on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and culture
Exploring more of New England? Try Moon New England Road Trip. Hitting the trails? Check out Moon New England Hiking.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
About the Author
Ray Bartlett has lived on this sandy peninsula most of his life. He began his travel writing career at the age of 18 when he jumped a freight train for 500 miles and sold an article and photos about the experience to the Cape Cod Times. More than two decades later, Ray is still wandering the globe with pen and camera in hand.
Ray is often on the road in Japan, Korea, or Mexico, but when not elsewhere, he's here on the Cape. In addition to publishing numerous travel articles and books, he has also produced videos on such disparate topics as New England in autumn, Cape Cod whale-watching, and a Japanese fertility festival. Ray is a featured guest on Around the World, a syndicated radio show, and he has appeared on PRI's The World. He owns and operates a top-rated onsen website, OnsenJapan.net, and wrote a novel, Sunsets of Tulum.
When not on assignment in different parts of the globe, Ray is on the Cape, where he drinks too much coffee and burns too much midnight oil. His hobbies are surfing and dancing Argentine Tango. Find him via his website at Kaisora.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/RayBartlettAuthor, or @kaisoradotcom on Twitter.