The Rough Guide to Ecuador & the Galápagos (Travel Guide with Free Ebook) (Rough Guides) (Paperback)
The Rough Guide to Ecuador & the Galapagos
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Ecuador and the Galapagos with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to visit the dazzling array of wildlife at the Parque Nacional Machalilla, party into the early hours on the beaches of Canoa or explore the magnificent La Compania in Quito, The Rough Guide to Ecuador and the Galapagos will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Ecuador and the Galapagos:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Ecuador
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Guayaquil, Quito and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the inspirational jungle observation towers of Ecuador and the chaotic, concrete wilderness of the Quito hillside
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Quito, Banos, and Cuenca's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Ecuador and the Galapagos, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Quito; The northern sierra; The central sierra; The southern sierra; The Oriente; The northern lowlands and coast; Guayaquil and the southern coast; The Galapagos Islands
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to Brazil, The Rough Guide to Colombia, The Rough Guide to Guatemala
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.