Can I Mix You a Drink? (Hardcover)
On Our Shelves Now
Can I Mix You A Drink? is a high-end liquor guide inspired by Grammy Award-winning Platinum artist T-Pain's hit songs, blending innovative drinks with humorous anecdotes that only T-Pain can deliver.
In 2007, "rappa ternt sanga" T-Pain released his hit single "Can I Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin')," propelling the artist to mainstream royalty. Since then, the Tallahassee, Florida native has secured his position as one of the most successful and diverse hip-hop artists in the world. It all started, really, with a song about liquor. T-Pain's extensive career has been punctuated by libations. It's been a part of his music, his business acumen (having secured a number of ambassador deals with liquor brands like Jose Cuervo), and his overall persona. Now, T-Pain brings his love of mixology and music in book form, titled Can I Mix You A Drink? Working with Mixologist Maxwell Britten, former Bar Director to Brooklyn's James Beard Award Winning Maison Premiere, T-Pain sets cocktails to music. Each drink has been carefully curated to reflect a sentiment from one of his hit songs. Drink by drink, T-Pain explores levels of new flavors (and potencies) to create a work that can be used for parties, local bars, pre-gaming before the club, or even just a quiet night at home. It's nearly impossible not to hear T-Pain's music and sense of humor as you read through the black and gold pages. Each drink is uniquely curated and titled after a T-Pain song. Considering T-Pain is known for unorthodox mixes in his music, expect the same from his drinks, along with some classic cocktails modified by T-Pain himself. The book is woven together with anecdotes from T-Pain about his life and lessons while inebriated, offering an irresistibly hilarious take on a mixology book experience. The faux leather hard cover is laced in gold foil with an embossed monogram of T-Pain himself, and each glossy page brings high-end drink photography that matches the caliber of the drink recipes. Whether you're a fan of T-Pain or a fan of drink-making, Can I Mix You A Drink? is the cocktail book for you.
About the Author
• T-Pain is a Grammy Award winning multi-Platinum recording artist, actor, and entrepreneur. Born Faheem Rasheed Najm, T-Pain has sold over 50 million records, won six Grammy Awards, and released seven albums. In 2019, T-Pain became the first winner of The Masked Singer, as the Tallahassee, Florida native aimed to show the world he was much more than the perfecter of Auto-Tune. T-Pain is also a brand ambassador, cartoon voiceover talent, podcast host, and the "dean" of Wiscansin University.
• Maxwell Britten is an award winning hospitality professional whose occupation as an industry leader has spanned over 15 years. From his role as as former Bar Director to Brooklyn's James Beard Award Winning Maison Premiere, Chief Brand Officer to The Liquor Cabinet and most recently Managing Partner of The Django at The Roxy Hotel Tribeca, Maxwell has always been deeply passionate about innovation and community of hospitality as a means to evolve the industry.
• "takes great care in offering a variety of upscale alcoholic beverages and their detailed methodologies within its jet-black pages." SLATE
• "carries the whiff of memoir, using drinking as a lens for T-Pain to share his story and trace how his relationship with alcohol developed in parallel with his career." HIGH SNOBIETY
• "an exploration of new flavors to create delicious, unconventional recipes that can be used for parties, pre-games, or a quiet night in." BILLBOARD
• “funny, unpretentious takes on cocktails...Not only would I let T-Pain buy me a drank, but he can certainly mix me one too.” NYLON
• “For any fan of T-Pain ....this is the perfect opportunity to get a sip of his world. The book combines new and classic recipes, so it works for novices and experts alike.” THRILLIST
• “blends music making and drink making in “Can I Mix You a Drink?” ... from the slick black pages.” THE ATLANTA JOURNAL-CONSTITUTION
• "beautifully photographed, hit-filled cocktail guide is the perfect vehicle." FOREWORD REVIEWS
• “something different and, .... an opportunity for artistic synergy.” GRUBSTREET
• “It's nearly impossible not to hear T-Pain's music as you read through the drinks and their unique combinations and names.” MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW
• “By the end, you'll have gained some insights into T-Pain.. he really just wants you to have a drink, be cool, and enjoy yourself. URBAN DADDY