Concert Hall of the Vienna Boys' Choir (Paperback)
Email or call for price
Special Order: Please Call or Email
The Vienna Boys’ Choir is to be congratulated. A dream has become reality: the choir has its own musical theatre in the Augarten, just a few paces from its base in the palace of the same name. The location is auspicious, on the edge of a 52 hectare baroque park which was largely opened up to the public by Austria’s reformist emperor Joseph II in 1776. The new concert hall enjoys a prominent position at the southeast tip of the park, the so-called Augartenspitz.
The Vienna Boys’ Choir has developed in recent years in both educational and musical terms. The new building, whose principal aim is to enthuse young people about music, is a symbol of this modernization.
About the Author
Johannes J. Kraus was born in 1964 in Karlsruhe. He studied architecture in Karlsruhe and at the Vienna University of Applied Arts. He worked on projects in Vienna, Berlin and Los Angeles. Since 1994 he is self-employed and founded the service office "archipel architecture + communication". With his realizations he won many competitions. Michael Lawugger was born in 1964 in Vienna. He studied architecture in Vienna at the University of Applied Arts. Since 2001 he is self-employed, since 2004 he is working for "archipel architecture + aommunication".