Undercurrents (Kobo eBook)
Improve your knowledge of the ways global trends shape activism with this insightful volume that will supercharge your impact on communities and organizations
Undercurrents: Channeling Outrage to Spark Practical Activism brings the perspective of experienced global social innovation leader, scholar and speaker, Steve Davis, to bear on some of the most powerful and helpful macrotrends rippling through society today.
The book teaches readers how to harness their outrage and capitalize on global trends to instigate and encourage change across the world. The author identifies five global undercurrents with outsized importance that are shaping our world:
- Global economies are moving away from the old pyramid model into a diamond, bringing powerful new possibilities for human well-being;
- Communities are becoming the customer – rather than passive beneficiaries - as social change is increasingly led by local voices and activists;
- Equity is leveling and reshaping the field of social change and activism;
- Digital disruption, through the power of data and digital tools, impacts almost everything; and
- The middle of the journey to social change is becoming surprisingly sexy, as we focus on adapting innovation for widespread impact at scale.
The book’s lessons are supported throughout by stories, experiences, data and observations from across the globe. Undercurrents is perfect for activists and leaders of all kinds who aim to increase their impact on their organizations and the world at large, as well as the intellectually curious who hope to increase their understanding of the changing world around them.